Department of Epidemiology & Health Statistics
Faculty: Kun Chen, Professor of Epidemiology, Director of the department
Yi-min Zhu, Professor of Epidemiology
Yi Shen, Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Xiu-yang Li, Associate Professor of Biostatistics
Yun-xian Yu, Associate Professor of Epidemiology
Shan-chun Zhang, Associate Professor of Epidemiology
Yuan-luo Le, Lecture
Ming-juan Jin, Lecture
Areas of Interest
Chronic Non-infectious Diseases Epidemiology
Epidemiology of Aging
Molecular and Genetic Epidemiology
Clinical Epidemiology and Evidence-based Medicine
Biostatistical Methods and Its Application in Medical Research
Since 1995, the staffs from the department have finished more than ten research projects funded by international and national science foundation. Such as:
1. A Molecular Epidemiologic Study on the Relationship among the Internal Exposure of Ectogenic Cancerogens, Genetic Polymorphisms and Colorectal Cancer Risk, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2005-2007.
2. Study on Differentiation Expression Genes in Colorectal Adenoma, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2004-2006.
3. A Molecular Epidemiologic Study on both Environmental Exposures and Genetic Polymorphisms in Metabolic Enzymes for Colorectal Cancer, supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2002-2004.
4. Ecological Study on the Smoke-related Diseases, supported by the International Cooperative Project from Switzerland, 2005-2008.
5. Study on the Service System of Rural Public Health in Zhejiang Province, supported by Government of Zhejiang Province as Major Regional Project, 2005-2007.
6. Epidemiologic Study on Helicobacter Pylori Infection and Pathological Changes in Stomach, supported by CMB Projects U.S.A, 1998-2000.
For the moment, eight projects from National Funding are under way. Such as:
1. One Branch of Development of Key Technology of National Digital Health and Regional Demonstrative Application, supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China.
2. One Branch of Study on Comprehensive Prevention and Control of Sever Communicable Diseases, supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China.
3. One Branch of Security Evaluation of ART Micromanipulator Operation, supported by Major Project of Chinese National Programs for Fundamental Research and Development (973 Program).
4. One Branch of Early Screening of Susceptible Population of Metabolic Syndrome, supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China.
5. Association between genetic polymorphisms in Caspase apoptosis pathway and susceptibility of colorectal cancer, supported by Natural Science Foundation of China.
6. Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon-DNA adducts, polymorphims in p53 pathway genes and colorectal cancer risk, supported by Natural Science Foundation of China.